MAMA'S PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE:
2lb Nestle Quick
1lb Confectioners Sugar
11oz Coffee Mate Creamer (Powder)
8qt Box Powdered Milk
1 small bag hard peppermint candy , unwrapped and ground up fine.
(This can be easily doubled)
This amount is enough to either last you an entire year (plus some) or gift a mason jar full to every teacher and/or coworker! It really does make the perfect gift! I should have honestly reached out for reviews to all my friends and family who have tried my mom's peppermint hot chocolate.
1. Pour the 2lb container for Nestle Quick into a large container (I use the largest boiler pot I have to hold all the ingredients)
2. In the same bowl add the 1lb box of confectioners suger
3. Add 11oz of the powdered Coffee Mate creamer
4. Mix in the 8pt bag of Powdered Milk.
5. Unwrap each hard peppermint candy and add them to a ziplock bag. Pound with a meat tenderizer until finely ground. (You can also grind with a food processor)
6. Add ground up peppermint to mixture.
7. Mix together until all elements are blended as one.
Heat up a cup of milk (or water) either on the stove top or in the microwave. My rule of thumb is for every 1.5 cups of Milk add 1/4 cup of Hot Chocolate mix. (more or less depending on your preference) Stir with a peppermint stick for added flavor.
Add the mix to your choice of container. I usually use mason jars since they are cute and cheap :) add a few peppermint sticks and then fill up with the hot chocolate mix. Add some ribbon and a note with serving instructions. (some people may think the mason jar is only one serving without instructions. When really it's usaully 3-5 servings)
I hope this peppermint hot chocolate mix becomes a Christmas tradition as it has become one in my family. Nothing tastes more like Christmas to me than a warm mug of my Mama's Peppermint Hot Chocolate :)
Photo by Elizabeth Looney Photography
Thanks for stopping by!